(1) The Governing Body headed by the Governor of Madhya Pradesh shall be the supreme authority of the University. The term of its members other than ex-officio members shall be three years. The non-official members shall be nominated by the State Government in consultation with Vice-Chancellor.
(2) The Governing Body shall have the power to review the acts of the Executive Council and the Academic Council (save when these authorities have acted in accordance with the powers conferred upon them under this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances) and shall exercise all the powers of the University not otherwise provided for by this Act, Statutes, Ordinances or Regulations: Provided that the power of review under this sub-section shall not be exercised except by a majority of total membership of the Governing Body and by a majority of not less than two-third of the members of the Governing Body present and voting.
(3) Quorum for a meeting of the Governing Body shall be not less than one-third of the total members of the Governing Body.
(1) Make and amend Statutes of the University.
(2) Review the progress and ensure fulfilment of the objectives of the University.
(3) Accept, reject, review, quash or refer back any proposal, recommendation, decision or report of Executive Council or anybody appointed under this Act.
(4) Propose amendments in the Ordinance.
(5) Invite additional persons as special invitees over and above the members of the Governing Body.
(6) Exercise such other powers and discharge such other functions as may be conferred upon it by the Act.