(1) To make and amend Regulations not inconsistent with the Ordinance and Statutes of University from time to time.
(2) To create, classify and determine the qualifications, emoluments, duties, service conditions, disciplinary and appellate authorities of faculty posts along with payscales.
(3) To appoint from time to time professors, associate professors, assistant professors, librarian and other members of faculty as may be necessary on the recommendation of the selection committee constituted by regulations for the purpose: -
Provided that the academic posts shall be created with the prior approval of the State Government.
(4) To create administrative, ministerial and other necessary posts with the prior sanction of the State Government and to determine the minimum qualifications and emoluments of such posts.
(5) To manage and regulate the finances, accounts, investments, property and all other administrative affairs of the University . and for that purpose, to appoint such agents as it may deem fit.
(6) To acquire by purchase, gift, exchange, lease, hire or otherwise, movable or immovable property or funds, not inconsistent with objectives of University and the provisions of this Act.
(7) To sell, mortgage, charge, lease, exchange or otherwise transfer or dispose of any movable or immovable property of the University.
(8) To borrow or raise moneys which may be required for the purpose of the University, upon bonds, debentures and promissory notes or other obligations or securities of the University by mortgage, charge, hypothecation or pledge of any movable or immovable property of the University.
(9) To consider reports of enquiry in disciplinary proceedings against faculty where it is proposed to award them major punishment as per Statutes of the University.
(10) To act as the appellate authority in service matters of employees as per the provisions contained in the Ordinance.
(11) To consider and approve: -
- A) annual report
- B) Annual accounts and auditor's report
- C) Annual budget.
(12) To sanction expenditure on recurring and non-recurring items as approved in the budget.
(13) To re-appropriate funds from one budget head to another.
(14) To scrutinise and recommend all matters before they are placed for consideration of the Governing Body.
(15) To give approval for engineering works, purchase of capital equipment and implementation of schemes and projects of monetary value above such limits as may be determined by the Executive Council from time to time.
(16) To select a common seal for the University and provide for the custody and use of such seal.
(17) To exercise such other powers and perform such other functions as may be conferred or delegated on it by the Governing Body.
(18) To delegate any of its powers to the Vice-Chancellor of the University or a committee appointed by it as it may deem fit.
(19) The Executive Council may:
- (i) Create new Departments, Research and Development Centres, Extension and Training Centres for the promotion and fulfilment of objectives of the University.
- (ii) Recommend to the Governing Body for creation of new Schools and Institutions subject to clearance of the Finance Department of the State Government.